Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are specially designed for men and women who have reduced mobility. Visit Find Out More to see our range.
An electric scooter is essentially a battery-operated vehicle with the capacity of only one person. These scooters are mainly used by those people who feel difficulty in standing or taking a walk for lengthy periods of time. The Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are either designed for indoor use, outdoor use and both interior and outdoor use. The primary difference between an Electric Scooter and a mechanized wheelchair is that the later is generally meant for interior use and also costs much more.
Mobility scooters generally come in a wide range of designs which are capable of accommodating different types of user needs.
Electric Scooters can have three wheels or maybe four. All these scooters run with battery power, so there is no chance to create environmental pollution. The pair of batteries used by these scooters are rechargeable and need to be re-charged on a regular basis. The time and distance covered by an electric scooter after every charging depends significantly on the type of battery and its capacity. There is no need to worry about the operation of these scooters as they are very simple.
Electric Scooters are commonly equipped with advanced brake systems which make the stopping of these scooters very uncomplicated. These scooters also have parking brake which stops from rolling the vehicle when it is stationed.
Several types of Electric Scooters
There are separate types of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters according to the different users needs available at mobility scooters. They are as follows:
1) Transportable or Collapsible Mobility Scooters: As the name implies these scooters are conveniently foldable and ready to transport at any time. These type of scooters are great for people those who really like traveling. These scooters can be disassembled into 3 or 4 pieces of light parts, according to the different scooter models, for easy transportation in most cars trunks.
2) Three-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: The three- wheeled mobility scooters provide full-sized comfort and durability which is absolutely perfect for both interior as well as outdoor use. These scooters have an optimum weight capacity of 300 to 500 lbs.
3) Four-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: Any time maximum stability is called for a 4th wheel is necessary to support the three- wheeled framework to get a stable platform. These types of scooters are mainly used for outdoor use. These scooters have larger tires with wider base and can go as fast as 10 mph.
4) Heavy Duty Electric Scooters: These scooters are built for heavy folks who weigh more than 350 pounds. These scooters come with both three and four-wheeled models and with the weight capacity up to 500 pounds.
The Benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters.
The main benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are as follows:.
1) As the Electric Scooters are powered by battery as a result no physical exertion is called for.
2) The people with low mobility can go uphill extremely easily with the help of these scooters.
3) The person who experiences difficulty in taking a walk does not need anyones help to operate these scooters as it is very easy working these scooters.
For more information talk to Change Mobility